Q. 24.1( 88 Votes )
Give any two ways in which biodegradable substances would affect the environment.
- Substances which can easily be brokendown by the microorganisms are biodegradable substances.
- Biodegradable substances can have both both and bad effect on the environment.
- Good effects:
- They do not cause too much pollution as they're broken down easily.
- They can provide nutrients to the soil.
- Biodegradable substance are natural so they do not cause harm when handled.
- Bad effects:
- When biodegradable substances are degraded, they can cause foul smell.
- Biodegradable waste often attracts flies and other insects.
Rate this question :
Which of the following is the best method to dispose of biological wastes from hospitals?Lakhmir Singh & Manjit Kaur- Biology
Every household produces a lot of material A daily. In one of the methods of disposal B, material A is burned at a very high temperature of about 1000°C in a structure called C. During this process, the organic matter present is removed as D and E whereas F is left behind (which can be dumped in a landfill site).
(a) What is material A
(b) Name the method of disposal B.
(c) What is structure C known as?
(d) What are
(ii) E, and
(e) This method is especially suitable for the disposal of materials produced by certain institution. Name such institutions.Lakhmir Singh & Manjit Kaur- Biology
Which of the following cannot be added in a composting pit to prepare compost?Lakhmir Singh & Manjit Kaur- Biology
What is sewage? How is sewage disposed of?Lakhmir Singh & Manjit Kaur- Biology
State two advantages of using disposable paper cups over disposable plastic cups.Lakhmir Singh & Manjit Kaur- Biology
How are most of the solid wastes in urban areas disposed of?Lakhmir Singh & Manjit Kaur- Biology
Give a method for the disposal of household wastes such as left-over food, fruit and vegetable peels, and leaves of potted plants.Lakhmir Singh & Manjit Kaur- Biology
Why is improper disposal of waste a curse to environment?NCERT - Science Exemplar
The use of one of the following will pollute the environment. This one is:Lakhmir Singh & Manjit Kaur- Biology
Which of the following is not a non-biodegradable material?Lakhmir Singh & Manjit Kaur- Biology