CNG (Compact Natural Gas) is an example of good fuel. Whether a fuel is good enough for a specific use or not, it can be decided by observing its characteristic properties. So we choose a good fuel on the basis of following properties:
● It should be efficient and readily available.
● It should not be very expensive.
● It should have high calorific value.
(Calorific value is the amount of heat produced on complete combustion of 1kg of fuel)
● Transportation of the fuel should be easy.
● It should be safe to handle and easy to store.
● Less pollution should be caused on its burning i.e. it should not release polluting gases and leave residue on burning.
● It should get ignited and put off easily.
CNG possess all of the above said properties and thus it qualifies as a good fuel.
Rate this question :