Q. 185.0( 2 Votes )
Give an account o
Panchayath system in India is called as Panchayati Raj. It refers to the system of local self-government in India which came by the constitutional amendment in 1992. it is based upon the traditional panchayat system of South Asia
Powers and functions
1. Prepare a plan for economic development and social justice.
2. Implement schemes for economic development and social justice (in relation to 29 subjects given in the Eleventh Schedule of the Constitution).
3. To put toll, collect and make appropriations in taxes, duties, tolls and fees.
4. Help in the devolution of governmental responsibilities,
5. Help in finances to local authorities.
6. Social welfare responsibilities
• burning and burial grounds,
• tracking statistics of births and deaths
• child welfare and maternity centers
• control of cattle pounds
• Family planning and promotion of agricultural activities
7. development activities
• construction of roads,
• Public buildings, wells, tanks, and schools.
• small cottage industries and
• Minor irrigation works.
Rate this question :