Q. 3 B4.3( 7 Votes )
Answer the follow
The occupational structure of India’s population is as follows:-
• India is an agriculture based country. It provides employment to 60% people in the country. Other major occupations include manufacturing, trade, services; show a large proportion of primary sector over secondary and tertiary sectors.
• Around 54.6%of the total population are cultivators and agricultural labourers. 3.8% of workers indulge in household activities, 41.6% workers are engaged in various occupations like manufacturing, trade, commerce, construction, etc.
• It is seen that the males outnumber females in work areas.
• Recently, there is an increase in the number of female in the primary sector.
• Occupation of agriculture is currently declining and many people are getting engaged in secondary and tertiary sectors.
Rate this question :