Q. 45.0( 3 Votes )
Give a brief introduction of Vijay Nagar Empire.
1. The Vijayanagara Empire is also called Karnataka Empire, and the Kingdom of Bisnegar (by the Portuguese). It was based in the Deccan Plateau region in South India.
2. It was established in 1336 by Harihara I and his brother Bukka Raya I of Sangama Dynasty.
3. The empire came to reputation as a conclusion of attempts by the southern powers to rid of Islamic invasions by the end of the 13th century.
4. The empire is named after its capital city of Vijayanagara, whose leftovers surround present day Hampi, now a World tradition Site in Karnataka, India.
5. The writings of medieval European travelers such as Domingo Paes, Fernão Nunes, and Niccolò Da Conti, and the literature in local languages provide central information about its history.
6. Archaeological excavations at Vijayanagara have revealed the empire's power and wealth.
7. The empire's legacy includes many monuments spread over South India, the best known of which is the group at Hampi.
8. Different distinctions were there in Vijayanagara Architecture style.
9. This synthesis inspired architectural originality in Hindu temples' creation.
10. Resourceful administration and vigorous overseas trade brought new technologies such as water management systems for irrigation.
11. The empire's patronage enabled fine arts and literature to reach new heights in Kannada, Telugu, Tamil, and Sanskrit, while Carnatic music evolved into its existing form.
12. The Vijayanagara Empire created an epoch in South Indian history that exceeded regionalism by encouraged Hinduism as a unifying factor.
Rate this question :
When was world famous Haldighati battle fought?Rajasthan Board Social Science
Write an essay on ‘Battle of Haldhighati’.Rajasthan Board Social Science
Who had translated Babarnama in Persian?Rajasthan Board Social Science
Give a brief introduction of Vijay Nagar Empire.Rajasthan Board Social Science
Where did Hammir Chauhan rule?Rajasthan Board Social Science
Describe the contribution of Shivaji in the rise of Marathas.Rajasthan Board Social Science
Who was the founder of the Bahmani Empire?Rajasthan Board Social Science
Name the ruler who built ‘Grand Trunk Road’.Rajasthan Board Social Science
With a brief introduction of Guru Nanak Dev, describe the important teachings of Sikh religion.Rajasthan Board Social Science
Write five policies of Mohammad Tughlaq.Rajasthan Board Social Science