Q. 1 A4.2( 165 Votes )
Write a note:
Giuseppe Mazzini was an Italian revolutionary, born in Geneva on June 22nd, 1807 in a middle class family. He was a patriot, political activist, writer, founder of young Italy and played very important role in liberal nationalism who strived to found a unified democratic republic of Italy.
1. He was one of the three revolutionaries who made a significant contribution to Italian unification.
2. His efforts led to the unification of Italy.
3. He believed in a single unified republic instead of being a patchwork of small state kingdoms.
4. In 1831, at the age of 24, he was sent into exile for attempting a revolution in Liguria.
5. He founded underground societies like Young Italy in Marseilles, and Young Europe in Berne.
6. He was elected as a member of the Constituent Assembly and acquired the responsibilities of framing a constitution for the Roman public.
Rate this question :
What does Universal Adult Suffrage stand for?Social Science - Board Papers
What was the main aim of revolutionaries of Europe during the years following 1815?
Who, among the following, hosted the Congress at Vienna in 1815?Social Science - Board Papers