Q. 105.0( 1 Vote )
“Formation of NAM
Non-Aligned Movement was aimed at establishing peaceful relations among the members of the movement as well as with the other powerful and developed countries. Its formation was not merely in the context of military alliances but also in the context of economic policies as:
•In the context of military alliances: All the newly independent nations formed military alliances with each other and helped to resolve the internal conflicts of the member countries through peaceful measurements. The movement was not about neutrality because the states were involved in various wars for some of the other reason. Example of their involvement in wars is that of India and Pakistan after the partition and the war between Iraq and Iran. They also worked to prevent wars and tried to end wars that had broken out.
They formed such alliances to show their strength which was based on their unity and their resolve to remain non-aligned despite the attempt by the two superpowers to bring them into their alliances.
•In the context of economic policies: The NAM countries covered the following principles in their economic policies :
1. The movement espouses policies and practices of cooperation and provides mutual benefit to those involved.
2. The movement is committed to the tenets of sustainable development and the attainment of Millennium Development Goals.
3. The movement accepts the universality of human rights and social justice and resists cultural homogenization.
4. It tried to solve the severe problems of poverty, hunger, malnutrition, the outbreak of fatal diseases, infrastructure, health facilities, education, etc.
5. It promoted free development of the individual as well as economic and social progress of society and of nations and emancipation of people from all forms of exploitations.
6. Promotion of better trade relations and framing rules and regulations based on peaceful measures.
Hence the Non-Alignment Movement was not formed for military purposes but also for economic upliftment.
Rate this question :
Observe the graphTelangana Board - Social Science
Locate the followTelangana Board - Social Science
What was the natuTelangana Board - Social Science
By the end of theTelangana Board - Social Science
Given the idea ofTelangana Board - Social Science
“Formation of NAMTelangana Board - Social Science
How did the ColdTelangana Board - Social Science
How were the supeTelangana Board - Social Science
What are the diffTelangana Board - Social Science
“The ethnic conflTelangana Board - Social Science