Q. 74.0( 3 Votes )
Find out the Anti
The anti-colonial movement in Kenya was the Mau Mau uprising. The East African Protectorate was formed in 1895 after which Kenya came under British rule. Officially, Kenya was under the British dominance from 1920-1963. The English East India company was established in 1757, then which India became a trading colony of the British. Gradually when the British Government was established in 1858, after the proclamation of Queen Victoria, the country came under British dominance.
1. The National Movement in India was led by Mahatma Gandhiji, following the principles of Non-violence, truth, and Ahimsa.
2. India achieved independence adopting non-cooperation, civil disobedience, and other non-violent methods.
3. India became free from British rule on 15th August 1947.
4. However, the national movement in Kenya was on the other way.
5. It was an armed movement led by Jomo Kenyatta.
6. Leaders like Jomo Kenyatta and Dedan Kimathi were arrested.
7. The movement was withdrawn later on.
8. Election to the Legislative council was held in 1957.
9. The release of Jomo Kenyatta was the primary demand of the elected members.
10. Kenya became independent on 12th December 1963.
Even though Kenya and India were the colonies of British, they got their independence adopting different paths.
Rate this question :
How was the senseSocial Science - Board Papers