Q. 324.4( 63 Votes )
Explain with examples the accommodative experience of Belgium for peace and harmony.
The accommodative experience of Belgium for peace and harmony is explained below:
● The constitution of Belgium has an equal number of Dutch and French-speaking minister in the central government.
● Some of the special laws require the support of the majority of the members from both the linguistic groups so the decisions cannot be made unilaterally by only 1 community.
● Many powers of the central government have been given to the state government of the two regions of the country.
● The state governments are not subordinate to the central government.
● Apart from the two governments, the third type of government is formed called the community government.
● The people belonging to 1 language community vote for it, disregarding where they live.
● This government takes the decision regarding cultural and language-related issues.
● Brussels has a separate government in which both the community have equal representation.
Rate this question :
What were the two main causes of resentment in Belgium in 1960? How was the conflict solved?All In One - Political Science
What values does power-sharing exhibit in a country?All In One - Political Science
Why is power sharing desirable? Give any three prudential reasons.All In One - Political Science
What is the percentage of Indian Tamil in the overall Sri Lankan population?All In One - Political Science
What is a legitimate government?All In One - Political Science