Q. 6 A5.0( 2 Votes )
Answer in detail:
The various reasons why Shivaji was such a powerful ruler of Marathas are as follows: -
• The son of Shahji Bhonsle, Shivaji dreamt of establishing an independent and powerful Maratha empire. So, he decided to plunder the neighboring territories and at the same time tries to maintain friendly relation with Mughals.
• He was very well trained in warfare and in administration which enabled him to form a unique administrative system called Ashtrapradhan mandal.
• He became a powerful Maratha ruler and established an independent kingdom due to his efficient military administration.
• He maintained his power as he had an effective and efficient spy system. The spies of Shivaji provided him with the information of the enemy’s strength and weakness.
• He believed in Swaraj which helped him to maintain good relationships with the people.
• The revenue system of Shivaji was a unique one. He believed that land under his Swaraj should be secure and accordingly, suitable measures were taken for the improvement of agriculture.
• He was the first Indian ruler who attempted to organize a strong navy.
Rate this question :
Answer the followTamilnadu - Social Science Term-1