Q. 43.7( 212 Votes )
Explain why Nazi propaganda was effective in creating a hatred for Jews.
1. Nazi ideology was synonymous with Hitler’s worldview. Jews remained the worst sufferers in Nazi Germany. They had been stereotyped as killers of Christ and ursurers.
2. Until medieval times Jews were barred from owning land. Hitler’s hatred of Jews was based on pseudoscientific theories of race, which held that conversion was no solution to the ‘Jewish Problem’. It could be solved through their total elimination.
3. The Nazi regime used language and media with care, and often to great effect. The terms they coined to describe their various practices were not only deceptive but were chilling.
4. Nazis never used the words ‘kill’ or ‘murder’ in their official communications. Mass killings for the Jews were termed as special treatment, final solution.
5. Propaganda films were made to create hatred for Jews. Nazism worked on the minds of the people, tapped their emotions and their hatred and anger at those marked as ‘undesirable’.
Rate this question :
Explain what role women had in Nazi society?NCERT History - India and the Contemporary World-I
Explain why Nazi propaganda was effective in creating a hatred for Jews.NCERT History - India and the Contemporary World-I
What are the peculiar features of Nazi thinking?NCERT History - India and the Contemporary World-I