Answer :

Unlike ethanol, intake of methanol in very small quantities can cause death. It is oxidised to methanal in the liver which reacts rapidly with protoplasm and coagulates it. Methanol also affects the optic nerve, causing blindness.

Rate this question :

How useful is this solution?
We strive to provide quality solutions. Please rate us to serve you better.
Try our Mini CourseMaster Important Topics in 7 DaysLearn from IITians, NITians, Doctors & Academic Experts
Dedicated counsellor for each student
24X7 Doubt Resolution
Daily Report Card
Detailed Performance Evaluation
caricature
view all courses
RELATED QUESTIONS :

Write the name anScience - Board Papers

Why does liScience Lab Manual

What happens whenScience Lab Manual

Name the gas evolvedLakhmir Singh & Manjit Kaur - Chemistry
How would you distinLakhmir Singh & Manjit Kaur - Chemistry

A compound ‘X’ onScience - Board Papers

Describe, giving equLakhmir Singh & Manjit Kaur - Chemistry