Q. 164.7( 6 Votes )
Explain the working of DC generator with a neat diagram.
Definition: DC generator is the device which converts the mechanical energy into the electrical energy. The difference between AC and DC generator is that DC generator has split ring commutator instead of slip ring commutator present in AC generator.
Principle: It works on the Faraday’s law of the Electromagnetic Induction which says that whenever a conductor is placed in a varying magnetic field, EMF is induced and this induced EMF is equal to the rate of change of flux.
● A rectangular coil is held between the poles of two curved permanent magnets.
● As the coil rotates the Magnetic flux(due to permanent magnets) passing through the coil changes.
● Due to change in the magnetic flux the induced current is generated in the coil.
● When the coil is in vertical position the induced current generated during first half rotation rises from 0 to maximum and falls to zero again
● As the coil moves further the ends of coil goes to other slip rings.
Rate this question :
Draw a neat diagram of an AC generator.AP - Physics & Chemistry
Explain the working of DC generator with a neat diagram.AP - Physics & Chemistry
Explain the working of AC electronic generator with a neat diagram.AP - Physics & Chemistry