Q. 84.5( 27 Votes )
Explain the working of an electric motor with a neat diagram
In the electric motors the electrical energy is converted into the mechanical energy.
Principle Of Electric Motor: Electric motor works on the principle that when a rectangular coil is placed in a magnetic field and current is passed through it. A force acts on the coil which rotates it continuously.
Working Of Electric Motor:
● Magnetic field is produced around the coil by passing the current into the rectangular coil.
● The magnetic field of the horse shoe magnet interacts with the magnetic field of the coil and causes the coil to rotate.
● When the ABCD is in the horizontal direction the current from the battery enters the coil through brushes B1 and leaves through brushes B2.
● Therefore the direction of current is from A to B and C to D.
● Force on side AB is in a downward direction and on side CD is in an upward direction. Thus the coil rotates in an anticlockwise direction.
● The reversing of current in the coil is repeated after every half rotation due to which the coil continues to rotate as long as current from the batter is passed through it.
The figure below illustrates the working of the electric motor.
Rate this question :
Collect the information about material required and procedure of making a simple electric motor from internal and make a simple motor on your own.AP - Physics & Chemistry
Draw a neat diagram of electric motor. Name the parts.AP - Physics & Chemistry
Explain the working of an electric motor with a neat diagramAP - Physics & Chemistry