There are different forms of power-sharing in democracies. These are Horizontal power-sharing, vertical division of power, Community Government and Coalition Government.
1. The power-sharing among different organs of Government is called Horizontal power sharing.
2. Power is shared among the legislature, executive and Judiciary.
3. Each and every organ of the Government is empowered to check the other.
4. This ensures a balance of power.
5. The elected representatives are responsible to their respective assemblies or the Parliament.
6. The functioning of the executives and the laws made by the legislatures are checked and monitored by the Judges who belong to the Judiciary.
This method of the balance of power is called a system of checks and balances.
Rate this question :
Differentiate betTogether With Social Science
Compare the situaSocial Science - Board Papers
After reading theTogether With Social Science
What do you meanTogether With Social Science
Explain the waysTogether With Social Science
Explain the way iTogether With Social Science
Do you think PancFull Marks - Social Science