Q. 64.9( 7 Votes )
Explain the way in which power sharing between different organs of the government results in the maintenance of Balance of Power.
● The power is shared among different organs of the government through the horizontal distribution of power arrangement.
● These organs are - Legislature, Executive and Judiciary.
● The legislature is responsible for making laws.
● The executive is responsible for executing these laws.
● Judiciary has the responsibility to provide justice to the people and settle disputes.
● In this system, different organs of the government who are operating at the same level are given different powers.
● This is called the separation of power.
● It keeps a check on the working of the different organs so that none of them exercises unlimited powers.
● It also promotes a balance of power in the government.
● So, this system is also called checks and balances.
Rate this question :
Differentiate between the horizontal division of powers and vertical division of powers.Together With Social Science
Compare the situation of Belgium and Sri Lanka considering their location, size, and cultural aspects.
How does the idea of power-sharing emerge? Explain different forms that have common arrangements of power sharing.
Social Science - Board Papers
After reading the lesson, do you think power sharing is desirable in a democracy or any other form of government? List the values drawn from the above statements.Together With Social Science
What do you mean by checks and balances?Together With Social Science
Explain the ways in which power sharing between different organs of the government results in the maintenance of a balance of power.Together With Social Science
Explain the way in which power sharing between different organs of the government results in the maintenance of Balance of Power.Together With Social Science
Why was it felt earlier that undivided political power was better? What changed this notion and why?Together With Social Science