Q. 205.0( 2 Votes )
Explain the role of women in the anti-imperial struggle in Vietnam.
Following was the role of women in the anti-imperial struggle in Vietnam:
1) Their participation the war was very active with the US.
2) Women joined men and helped in nursing their wounds. They had a hammer in one hand and the rifle in the other.
3) They shot down a jet with just 20 bullets.
4) There were around 1.6 million women in the forces, local teams and militia. They transported loads of weapons, food and cargo during the wartime.
5) They fought by hiding in the tunnels and underground rooms made by them.
This is how they contributed and succeeded in their mission.
Rate this question :
What was the development project undertaken by the French in Vietnam?Together With Social Science
What kind of political and constitutional change was brought about by the French Revolution?
How French Indo-China was formed?Together With Social Science
Explain the view of Paul Bernard regarding the economy of Vietnam.Together With Social Science
The famous blind poet NgyuyenDinhChieu bemoaned what was happening to his country.
I would rather face eternal darkness
Then see the faces of traitors
I would rather see no man
Then encounter one man’s suffering
I would rather see nothing
Then witness the dismembering of the country in
(a)What does the poet express in the given stanza?
(b) What values does it exhibit?Together With Social Science
Describe any five measures introduced by the French Revolutionaries to create a sense of collective identity among the French people.
Describe any five steps taken by the French to develop the ‘Mekong Delta Region’.Social Science - Board Papers
Who was Francis Garnier?All In One - History
Who remarked “when France sneezes the rest of Europe catches cold.”?
Who were called colons in Vietnam?Social Science - Board Papers
Write a note on:
What was meant by the ‘civilizing mission’ of the colonizers?NCERT - India and the Contemporary World-II
Explain the following:
The French began building canals and draining lands in the Mekong delta.NCERT - India and the Contemporary World-II