Q. 25.0( 1 Vote )
Explain the rise
London was a large city with a population of nearly six lakhs in the eighteenth century.
1. Industrialization played a pivotal role in the urbanization of the city.
2. The population of the city increased to about 40 lakhs in the seventy years span from 1810 to 1860.
3. London generated income opportunities for all types of people such as shopkeepers, artisans, semi-skilled workers, artisans, and casual laborers.
4. Other industries such as clothing and footwear, metals and engineering, printing and stationery, industries which manufacture surgical instruments, watches, etc., employed a large number of people.
5. London became the manufacturer of motor cars and electrical goods. This led to the establishment of many automobile industries which attracted migrant population like a powerful magnet.
Thus, London emerged as a modern city even though the western countries were rural.
Rate this question :