Q. 245.0( 1 Vote )
Explain the responsibilities of a consumer.
Some of the responsibilities of a consumer are enumerated below:
1. Cautiousness: The consumer must be cautious before purchasing any product or service. S/he must insist on getting full information on quality, quantity, price, etc.
2. Exercise her/his rights: Consumers must be aware of their rights and should exercise them whenever required.
3. Filing complaints: The consumer if faces unfair trade practices must file a complaint against the fraudulent shopkeeper. Even if the loss is not a significant one, it should not be ignored and must be reported.
4. Quality: The consumer should check for quality certification by ISI, Agmark, FPO, etc.
5. Ask for receipts: For any purchase, small or big, a consumer must always insist on a cash memo or receipt as this acts a proof if there is any defect in the product purchased.
Rate this question :
In what ways producer create artificial scarcity?All In One - Economics
When does consumer have the right to be Protected?All In One - Economics
What kind of consumer disputes are settled consumer courts?All In One - Economics
What is required to maintain safety and quality of products and services?All In One - Economics
“Consumer awareness is essential to avoid exploitation in the market place.” Support the statements.Together With Social Science
When the consumer movement did begin in an organised form?Together With Social Science
In which situation a consumer finds himself exploited?All In One - Economics