Q. 35.0( 1 Vote )
Explain the objectives and functions of the SEBI
Objectives of SEBI:
1. Protection: To protect the rights and interests of the investors and to guide and educate them.
2. Competitive and Professional: To regulate the activities of intermediaries like merchant bankers, brokers etc. and develop a code of conduct to make them competitive and professional.
3. Prevention of Fraud: To prevent frauds and malpractices in securities trading.
4. Balance: To maintain a proper balance between statutory regulation and self regulation.
5. Smooth Functioning: To ensure the efficient and proper functioning of stock exchange and securities market through regulatory measures.
Functions of SEBI
The functions of SEBI may be categorised under 3 broad headings –
Rate this question :