Q. 33.7( 3 Votes )
Explain the Mukhyamantri Jal Swavlamban Abhiyan.
Mukhyamantri Jal Swavlamban Abhiyan is one of the schemes launched by the Government of Rajasthan with the objective of effective implementation of water conservation and rainwater harvesting activities.
1. The scheme aims at maintaining the quality and level of groundwater.
2. The renovation of the old and existing sources of water like wells, lakes, and ponds, etc., is also a part of this scheme.
3. The scheme will also bring in new sources of rainwater harvesting in the villages.
4. All the departments of the government coordinate with each other under this scheme such that nearly 21,000 villages in the state will be benefitted.
5. The Government of Rajasthan and other Non-Government Organisations join hands with each other in the construction of contour trenches, stray guard, farm pond, khadin, tanka, johad, mini percolation tanks, and gully pits.
6. The cooperation of the villagers is also sought.
7. The scheme also aims at the construction of other water reservoir structures.
8. The other aims of this scheme include construction of artificial groundwater refilling structures, maintenance and renewal and reinforcement of irrigation tank, improvement of pasture lands and plantation.
9. The development of forest, land, and water and also irrigation of lands through rainwater harvesting and conservation is also one of the objectives of this scheme.
10. Efforts are taken to make the villages self-sufficient in terms of water so that scarcity of drinking water will be put to an end.
Above all, awareness is created among the villagers regarding the need for conservation of water through various promotional activities like street plays, rallies, and fairs.
Rate this question :
Describe any two projects operated by the government of India.Rajasthan Board Social Science
Which is a longest man-made canal of India?Rajasthan Board Social Science
What is meant by Bairaj?Rajasthan Board Social Science
Which is the longest dam in India?Rajasthan Board Social Science
Explain the different form of water conservation in Rajasthan.Rajasthan Board Social Science
What are stepwells? Explain.Rajasthan Board Social Science
Explain about Bhakra Nangal Project.Rajasthan Board Social Science
Explain the Indira Gandhi Canal Project of Rajasthan?Rajasthan Board Social Science
Explain the Mukhyamantri Jal Swavlamban Abhiyan.Rajasthan Board Social Science
Which projects are operated by central and state governments?Rajasthan Board Social Science