The measures which should be undertaken for the promotion of Sustainable Development are described as follows:
• Water management system and the policies related to it should be strictly implemented and followed diligently.
• Only water-intensive crops should not be grown. The harvest of plantation crops like citrus fruits should be encouraged.
• The areas affected by waterlogging and soil salinity should be re-developed.
• Ecological development can be done using measures like afforestation, shelterbelt plantation etc.
• The poor people in the underdeveloped regions should be provided with monetary support and credit facilities.
The proper implementation of all these measures can really cause sustainable development in a region.
Rate this question :