Concentration of jute industry in Hugli:
1. Raw material: Hugli is very near to the areas of jute cultivation.
2. Transport: The waters of Hugli provide inexpensive transport facilities and there is a good network of railways and roadways.
3. Water: There is the abundant water supply for processing of jute.
4. Labour: Cheap labour is easily available from West Bengal, Odisha, and Bihar.
5. Kolkata: The developed urban city provides banking, insurance, and port facilities for export.
Explanation: Hugli basin is an ideal place for jute industries because of various reasons and hence, the industry is concentrated there.
Rate this question :
“The textile induSocial Science - Board Papers