The improvements made by the Indian Railways in its functioning are-
1. Electrification of railway lines to increase speed, and to burn less fuel.
2. Introduction of electronic ticketing or ‘E-Ticketing’ for convenience of passengers.
3. Construction of new railway lines to improve the connectivity of the country.
4. Introduction of new, superfast trains like Shatabdi.
5. Replacing steam engines, which cause heavy pollution, by diesel and electric engines.
Note:Since independence, several improvements and additions to the railways has made train travel a more comfortable and convenient experience for passengers.
Rate this question :