The importances of road transport are as follows:
• Roads are important as they are necessary in the transport of people and goods over short and medium distances.
• They are cheap and easy to construct and maintain.
• Roads can be constructed in hilly areas as they can negotiate steep slopes and sharp bends
• Roads can act feeders to railways.
• Perishable communities like milk, fruits and vegetables are more quickly carried by roadways than railways.
Rate this question :
Match the followiKarnataka - Social Science Part-II