1. Mineral resources, in the present scenario, are being rapidly consumed. However, it is important to conserve these resources because the geological processes of mineral formation are very slow and it takes millions of years for them to be created and concentrated.
2. The rates of replenishment are infinitely small in comparison to the present rates of consumption. The finite and non-renewable nature of these resources makes them our country’s most valuable possessions.
3. A continuous and concerned effort is required in order to use our mineral resources in a planned and sustainable manner so that the future of our future generations is secure.
4. Improvements in technology need to be constantly evolved in order to allow the use of low-grade ores at low costs.
5. Recycling of metals, using scrap metals and other substitutes are the important steps involved in the conservation of mineral resources.
NOTE – Minerals are the most priced but short-lived possessions on our planet earth. Therefore, the need of the hour is to protect and conserve them as much as possible.
Rate this question :