Impact of Jallianwala Bagh massacre:
1. News of the Jallianwala Bagh massacre spread like fire and people all over North India started to protest.
2. Police and government building were attacked by the people and they went on strikes.
3. The colonial government reacted with brutal repression. Satyagrahis were humiliated by rubbing the nose on the ground, crawling and saluting the officers.
4. People were flogged and villages were bombed by the government.
5. Mahatma Gandhi called off the movement because of the rapid spread of violence.
Explanation: The Jallianwala Bagh massacre left an enormous scar on the people. British, however, was still ruthless in its repression.
Rate this question :