Q. 45.0( 1 Vote )
Explain the growth of the transportation sector in Rajasthan.
The principal modes of transportation are land ways, waterways, airways and through pipelines. To be established as a major trading centre, the country must have a well-connected transit network. The integrated operation of all the means of transportation is essential for its effective functioning. Thus the development of transport is very important for a country’s progress.
1. Road transportation has huge importance as it provides direct connectivity to all the places. Not only through plains, but even difficult terrains like deserts, forests, and mountains are also accessible through roads.
2. Railways are the most economical means of transportation, especially for long distances. With the advancement of technology, India has been well-connected by the rail network.
3. Pipeline transportation is the most convenient means to transport oil and gases is liquefied form over long distances. It reduces the risk of transit and spillage during road and rail transport. The gas pipeline connecting Jagadispur in Uttar Pradesh to Hajira of Gujarat passes through Kota in Rajasthan. Rail and roadways are still used in places where pipelines are not effectively developed.
4. Waterways are the cheapest and easiest way of carrying bulky goods over long distances. Waterways can be inland waterways or sea routes. The use of waterways as a medium of transportation in Rajasthan is very limited.
5. Airways is the fastest mode of transport of the century. It is also the most expensive means. Aeroplanes and helicopters are the major air transport modes. Presently, airways are the only mode of transport to reach remote locations that have no road and rail connectivity. Jaipur is a major category international airport in the state. Ratanada in Jodhpur and Dabok in Udaipur are domestic medium category airports in the state. In addition to this Kota and Kishangarh airport also operate in the state.
The integrated operation of all the means of transportation is essential for the effective functioning of the transit network.
Rate this question :
Why water transportation is the cheapest transportation?Rajasthan Board Social Science
What do you understand by Rajasthan Road Vision 2025?Rajasthan Board Social Science
Give the benefits of pipeline transportation.Rajasthan Board Social Science
Explain the growth of the transportation sector in Rajasthan.Rajasthan Board Social Science
Why transport and communication are known as the lifelines of the economy of a country? Explain.Rajasthan Board Social Science
Note down the main reason behind the increase of road transport over rail transport?Rajasthan Board Social Science
Write the significance of border roads.Rajasthan Board Social Science
Write the name of the major international airport of India.Rajasthan Board Social Science
Write the name of the first electric train of India.Rajasthan Board Social Science
Which is the fastest medium of transportation?Rajasthan Board Social Science