Q. 2 A4.1( 9 Votes )
Answer the follow
They ruled from the later half of the twelfth century to the first half of the thirteenth century.
Besides the poets in their court, the kings were also scholars. Hence, they made generous contribution to the development of education. Many poets like Padmagupta, Shantisena, Jayadeva were patronised. Languages like Gujarati, Hindi and Rajasthani were encouraged during this period.
Some of the important contributions of the Rajput kings are as follows:
1. King Munja and king Bhoja were poets and they themselves have written many literary works.
2. Many poems were written during the period of Rajputs. Jayadeva’s Geethagovinda, Bharavi’s Keerthanarjuneeya, Bharthruhari’s Ravanavada, Mahendrapala’s Kavya Meemamse were written,
3. The important dramas like Rajashekara’s Bala Ramayana and Karpuramanjari, Bhavabhuti’s Mahaveeracharitha and Uthararamacharitha were written.
4. The other important works of the Rajputs include Kalhana’s Rajatharangini, Jayanika’s Prithiviraja Vijaya and Hemachandra’s kumarapla charitha.
5. Biographies like Prithiviraja Raso by Chand Bardahi and Bhoja Prabandha by Balalla were notable.
In addition to these, many forts and temples were constructed. Painting was also encouraged.
Rate this question :
Answer the followKarnataka - Social Science Part-I