The contribution of Giuseppe Mazzini:
1. He was a member of a secret society in Carbonari. At the age of 24, he was exiled for an attempt in a revolution in Liguria.
2. He found two underground societies- Young Italy in Marseilles and Young Europe in Berne. Its members were from Poland, France, German states and Italy.
3. Many secret societies were set up following his model and this scared the conservatives.
Explanation: Most of the rulers were scared of the opposition and views of Mazzini. He was described as the most dangerous enemy of the social order.
Women as warriors in Vietnam:
1. In the 1960s, photographs of women as brave fighters were published in journals and magazines. They were shown as young, brave and dedicated.
2. Stories that were written told about their joy in joining the army and carrying a rifle.
3. Nguyen Thi Xuan’s story celebrated her bravery of shooting down a jet alone with just twenty bullets.
Explanation: Women played a big role during the war not only as warriors but also as workers and nurses. They enrolled in large numbers.
Rate this question :