Q. 3 C4.6( 5 Votes )
Write brief answe
Steps to follow for the construction of calorimeter are as follows.
● Calorimeter consists of an inner vessel and outer vessel. No heat transfer between these vessels.
● The inner vessel is made up of copper.
● A thermometer (for measuring temperature) and a stirrer (for stirring liquid) are attached to the inner vessel.
● Water is kept in calorimeter such that inner vessel and water have the same temperature.
● The hot substance is kept at water such that water, calorimeter, and hot substance will be at the same temperature.
● Works on the principle that heat lost by hot substance must be equal to heat energy gained by water and calorimeter.
A figure of calorimeter is given below.
Rate this question :