Q. 43.9( 69 Votes )
Explain the conditions that were viewed as obstacles to the economic exchange and growth by the new commercial classes during the nineteenth century in Europe.(CBSE 2014)
Economic conditions that were viewed as obstacles in nineteenth-century Europe:
1. Napoleon’s administration had created different currency, weights, and measure for each of the 39 states in the confederation.
2. There were 11 custom barriers and 5% customs duty at each for carrying goods from one place to another.
3. Conversion of weights and measures for each region created time-consuming calculations and complications.
Explanation: The commercial class wanted to ease the trade practices and get rid of the hard economic regime.
Students fought for white collar jobs:
1. They were patriotic and felt that the educated should fight for the benefit of the society.
2. They opposed both the French and the traditional elite because both of them were threatened by their protest.
3. By 1920s, political parties like Young Annan were formed and nationalist journals like Annanese Student were published.
Explanation: Resistance in Vietnam took various forms. The students aspiring for the better jobs showed it explicitly.
Rate this question :
Which were the two obstacles in the way of Italian unification?All In One - History
The Balkan issue became one of the major factors responsible for the First World War. Explain by giving examples.All In One - History
‘The development of nationalism did not come about only through wars and territorial expansion.’All In One - History
How did a wave of economic nationalism strengthen the wider nationalist sentiment growing in Europe? Explain.All In One - History