Q. 35.0( 1 Vote )
Explain the concept of the Blue Revolution.
Concept of blue revolution is given below:
• As the name suggest, the blue revolution is related to the aquatic plants and animals.
• In blue revolution there was a wide increase in the practice of aquaculture, in order to increase the production.
• Aquaculture refers to the farming of all forms of aquatic plants and animals be it marine or freshwater.
• The blue revolution resulted in the major increase in the aquatic organisms and their products.
• Many fresh water and marine organisms are cultivated as productive and nutritious food for human consumptions.
• This was not only economically important but also ecologically.
Rate this question :
Explain out-breeding, out-crossing and crossbreeding practices in animal husbandry.Biology - Board Papers
Discuss natural selection and artificial selection. What are the implications of the latter on the process of evolution?Biology - Exemplar
‘Modern methods of breeding animals and plants can alleviate the global food shortage’. Comment on the statement and give suitable examples.Biology - Exemplar