Q. 74.0( 4 Votes )
Explain the Bisalpur Project.
Bisalpur project is one of the multi-purpose projects of Rajasthan.
1. This dam is constructed across the river Banas in Tonk district.
2. The dam was constructed between 1997-1998.
3. This dam is about 574 metres long and 39.5 metres high.
4. This main aim of this project is irrigation and supply of drinking water.
5. This dam helps in irrigating the fields of Sawai Madhopur and also another 265 villages in the district of Tonk.
6. Drinking water is provided to Jaipur, Ajmer, Kekadi, Sarwar, Beaver, and other roadside villages.
7. There are two canals one on the right and the other on the left side of the dam.
These multi-purpose projects help in the storage of water in the state of Rajasthan.
Rate this question :
Describe any two projects operated by the government of India.Rajasthan Board Social Science
Which is a longest man-made canal of India?Rajasthan Board Social Science
What is meant by Bairaj?Rajasthan Board Social Science
Which is the longest dam in India?Rajasthan Board Social Science
Explain the different form of water conservation in Rajasthan.Rajasthan Board Social Science
What are stepwells? Explain.Rajasthan Board Social Science
Which Multipurpose project is aimed at the development of tribal areas of Rajasthan?Rajasthan Board Social Science
Explain about Bhakra Nangal Project.Rajasthan Board Social Science
Explain the Indira Gandhi Canal Project of Rajasthan?Rajasthan Board Social Science
Explain the Mukhyamantri Jal Swavlamban Abhiyan.Rajasthan Board Social Science