Q. 93.8( 4 Votes )
Explain the achie
The Green Revolution was a series of technological reforms introduced by the government in order to increase agricultural production.
Green Revolution was considered as a boon for the agricultural sector in India. The following are the achievements of the Green Revolution in India:
1. Green Revolution has brought a huge increase in the agricultural productivity of the country.
2. People in rural areas got more job opportunities because of the multiple cropping and other modern methods of farming.
3. Industries that manufacture tractor and other modern machinery like threshers, drillers etc., were established. This ensured industrial development.
4. Agriculture was considered a profitable occupation. Farmers started selling the surplus produce in the markets thereby earning more profits.
5. Small and marginal farmers were able to produce many varieties of crops within the small land they own. Thus, their standard of living also increased.
Green Revolution contributed to the country’s economic development.
Rate this question :