Some harmful effects of agricultural practices on the environment are:
* The process of farming involves growing of a particular set of species as a result of which many other species may get eradicated. This leads to biodiversity loss.
* Availability of land for agriculture is done by deforestation that is, clearing of forests.
* Due to repeated farming nutrients are lost by soil which is called soil degradation, and gradually it leads to desertification that is, turning of fertile soil into a barren desert.
* Biodiversity loss and usage of groundwater results in a decrease of ground water level.
* Fertilisers and pesticides lead to soil pollution.
Rate this question :