Q. 285.0( 6 Votes )
Explain Mendel’s law of segregation with an example.
● Law of Segregation is also known as Law of Purity of gametes. According to this law, during gamete formation in the F1 hybrid plant both the alleles are got separated from each other and goes into separate gametes.
● Hence, it is known as the law of segregation or law of purity of gametes.
● Each gamete contains only one allele for one character. Thus no mixing of characters, gametes are always pure.
● Example: If homozygous tall plant (TT) is crossed with the homozygous dwarf plant (tt), then all the offspring of F1 generation are heterozygous tall plants.
● In the heterozygous plant, both the alleles remain with each other but do not get mixed with each other.
● Both alleles are separated and go into separate gametes. Due to this reason dwarf plant again reappear in the F2 generation.
Appearance of dwarf plant in F2 generation confirms segregation of gametes.
Rate this question :
Explain Mendel’s law of dominance.Rajasthan Board Science
How many genotypes are formed in F2 generation of monohybrid cross:Rajasthan Board Science
Write the names of laws given by Mendel.Rajasthan Board Science
Which law given by Mendel cannot be explained by monohybrid cross?Rajasthan Board Science
Write about the important of Mendel’s laws of inheritance.Rajasthan Board Science
The ratio of offspring obtained by Tt x tt cross :Rajasthan Board Science
Explain Mendel’s law of segregation with an example.Rajasthan Board Science
What is Mendelism? Explain the law of independent assortment in detail.Rajasthan Board Science
Explain Mendel’s law of inheritance.Rajasthan Board Science