Man-made disasters are those which are caused to some doings of man which leads to these mishaps.
• Fire- Fire is a very devastating disaster which is caused due to some silly mistakes. It can lead to loss of huge number of lives and property.
• Road Accidents- Road accidents are very common now-a-days. As the roads have been improved, the road accidents due to reckless driving, drinking and driving, speeding have increased to a great extent. It leads to loss of many lives.
• Air Accidents- Air accidents is caused to a very minor mistake which leads to loss of around 300-400 lives. It is caused to some technical fault, clashing with birds, plane hijack, terrorist attack etc.
• Railway Accidents- Although railway has immerged as the cheapest means of travel, the accident rate has also increased. These are normally caused due to some technical error like over speeding, damage of railway tracks, loss of fish-plate. Now-a-a-days, terrorist activities are quite common in the railway which leads to derail of the train thereby claiming more than 300 lives.
• Destructive weapons- With the advancement of technology, stronger and destructive weapons are also built which claim lakhs of lives as well as convert the whole city into a graveyard. Such kinds of weapons are used in the war.
• Nuclear accidents- Nuclear accidents are one of the most destructive man-made accidents. A core melt down in nuclear plant may result into a loss of a whole city and future generations are also affected by the deadly radiations.
• Chemical and industrial Accidents- Various chemicals are made which are used in many research activities, daily lives, water purification, farming. But mishandling those chemicals or careless faults may lead to a large casualty. The Bhopal Gas Tragedy is a burning example of these industrial hazards.
• Biological Disasters- Biological weapons can be made easily which is also known as the atom bomb of the poor. A deadly infectious bacteria or germ can be sprayed in some locality and a huge calamity breaks out. In USA 2001, Anthrax (caused by bacteria) claimed the life of two postmen.
Rate this question :
What is an earthqRajasthan Board - Social Science
Highlight the proRajasthan Board - Social Science
Describe the mainRajasthan Board - Social Science
In which country,Rajasthan Board - Social Science
What is a flood?<Rajasthan Board - Social Science
What are naturalRajasthan Board - Social Science
Where is droughtRajasthan Board - Social Science
Which river is caRajasthan Board - Social Science
In which mountainRajasthan Board - Social Science
Which natural disRajasthan Board - Social Science