Q. 3 A4.5( 2 Votes )
Explain how language and literature help to maintain unity in diversity.
Role of language and literature in unity in diversity:
1. India has over 800 different languages spoken daily. Such difference has added to the cultural value and heritage of India.
2. The Indian government has recognized 22 languages as official so as to respect the diversity of the country.
3. Indian literature has developed since the ancient times when the great epics Mahabharata and Ramayana were written in Sanskrit.
4. Indian literature can be found in numerous languages and forms- epics, Vedas, philosophy, folk tales, hymns, treatises etc. Such a variety of forms have united people.
5. Despite the diversity in which the languages and literature exist, it has become a pride for the country and the difference has become a unifying force.
Rate this question :
Give a brief note on Indian Music and Dance.Tamil Nadu Board - Civics
The ancient religion of our country isTamil Nadu Board - Civics
Name some of the religions of India.Tamil Nadu Board - Civics
They play an important part in fostering unity and integrationTamil Nadu Board - Civics
What do you know about art and architecture of India?Tamil Nadu Board - Civics
Buddha Poornima is celebrated by theTamil Nadu Board - Civics
How do our customs, habits and heritage help to maintain unity?Tamil Nadu Board - Civics
Why is India called the ‘’Museum of human race’’?Tamil Nadu Board - Civics
Recognised official language of IndiaTamil Nadu Board - Civics
Explain how language and literature help to maintain unity in diversity.Tamil Nadu Board - Civics