Q. 144.8( 5 Votes )
Explain giving four reasons why the industrialist of Europe preferred hand labour over machines during the 19th century.
Reasons why industrialist preferred hand labour rather than machines and heavy equipment:
• The labour was available in large quantities thus it was cheap.
• The labour or the handwork was cheaper than the costly machines.
• The costly machines had huge investments which were not affordable by the industrialists, and they were more comfortable with hand labour.
• Machines had huge maintaining costs, and if they ever broke, it was tough or nearly impossible to repair them.
• Seasonal labour was used at certain times of the year as the machines could not be bought only for a seasonal purpose.
Rate this question :
How did the factory production begin in England?Together With Social Science
Why did the people of the rural side accept the offer made by the merchants?Together With Social Science
Explain the role of Indian merchant and bankers in the network of export trade.All In One - History
Explain giving four reasons why the industrialist of Europe preferred hand labour over machines during the 19th century.All In One - History
What was the trade guild? Explain.All In One - History
How rapid was the process of industrialisation in England in the 19th century? Explain different phases of industrialisation.All In One - History
Why was there no shortage of human labour in Victorian Britain in the mid-19th century? Explain.All In One - History
Why did the Indian trade network break down in the 1750s? Explain any three reasons.All In One - History
What were the problems of Indian weavers in the early 19th century?All In One - History