Gandhiji’s idea of Satyagraha:
1. Satyagraha was a form of mass agitation without any use of violence. It was based on the idea of the power of truth.
2. If the cause was true and the fight was against injustice, a satyagrahi doesn’t have to use violence to win the fight.
3. The struggle was won by appealing to the oppressor’s conscience because people had to be shown the truth and not forced to see it through violence.
4. Gandhi believed that b doing satyagraha, the battle will be won definitely.
5. He also believed that this dharma of truth and non-violence can unite the Indians.
Explanation: Gandhi thought non-violence cannot achieve what truth can achieve. So he pushed for non-violence because the cause was just.
Rate this question :