Advantages of seeds offer to angiosperms are:
• As they have sufficient food reserves young seedlings are nourished until they are capable of photosynthesis on their own.
• The hard seed coat provides protection to the young embryo.
• Dehydration and dormancy of mature seeds are crucial for survival under adverse conditions.
• Reproductive process such as pollination and fertilization are independent of water, seed formation is more dependable.
• Provides nourishment to the developing embryo.
Rate this question :