Q. 34.4( 71 Votes )
Explain any four features of federalism. (CBSE 2013, 2015)
1. There are two or more levels of government.
2. Each tier has its own jurisdiction in specific matters of legislation, taxation and administration.
3. The jurisdiction of the respective levels or tiers of government is stated in the constitution. So the existence and authority of each tier of government are constitutionally guaranteed.
4. Any one level of government cannot unilaterally change the fundamental provisions of the constitution. Such changes can be made only after the consent of both the levels of government.
5. Sources of revenue for each level of Government are clearly specified to ensure its financial autonomy.
Rate this question :
What is decentralization of Power? What values do we learn from the decentralization of power in India?Together With Social Science
Examine the concept of three tiers of government of Indian federalism.Together With Social Science
If federalism works only in big countries, why did Belgium adopt it?Full Marks - Social Science
Under which type of federation India comes? Mention any two features of such federation.Social Science - Board Papers
What do you mean by a coalition government?Together With Social Science