Q. 55.0( 1 Vote )
Explain any four
Europe faced innumerable hardships in the year 1830.
1. Unemployment problem was prevalent. This was because of the increase in population and migration of people from rural to urban areas in search of jobs.
2. Machine-made goods were imported from England at a cheaper rate. The local producers were affected a lot because of this. Small-scale producers lived in towns, and most of the goods were handmade. Hence, they could not compete with the better-industrialised goods from Britain.
3. Power was vested with the noble class. Hence, the farmers and peasants were under feudal dues and obligations.
4. People lived under poverty because of poor harvest and increase in the prices of food.
5. Weavers of Silesia protested the contractors who gave them meager payments for their goods.
These were some of the economic problems faced by Europe during the 1830s.
Rate this question :