The ‘Namami Gange Programme’ is an integrated conservation program developed by the Union Government in 2014. It was approved as a flagship programme by the Prime Minister Narendra Modi. It was founded for the conservation of river Ganga. The five objectives of this project is:
• To provide sewage facilities through sewage management project in states like Bihar, Jharkhand, etc.
• To ensure biodiversity conservation through projects like Conservation in Ganga river, Ganges river dolphin conservation education programme and Biodiversity conservation and Ganga rejuvenation.
• To ensure river-surface cleaning by collecting the waste material floating on the surface of river.
• Monitoring of industries, industries causing water pollution are given notices to follow the norms for prevent dumping of waste materials in Ganga.
• Public Awareness through various events, workshops, conferences, etc. Advertisements are aired on radio and television to increase more public awareness.
Rate this question :