Five measures to control industrial pollution in India:
1. Fresh water pollution can be reduced by harvesting rain water and processing the materials by reusing and recycling.
2. Hot water and effluents must be treated before releasing into rivers or ponds and ground water reserves must not be overdrawn.
3. Smoke stacks with fabric filters, inertial separators etc. must be fitted into factories to reduce particulate matter in the air.
4. Machinery and equipment can be fitted with silencers to reduce noise.
5. Oil and gas can be used instead of coal to reduce smoke.
Explanation: Various methods can be adopted by industries to reduce pollution. The method to reduce each pollution- air, water, land and noise is different.
Rate this question :