Five factors that affect the location of an industry:
1. Raw material: Availability of raw material is very important for the location as it is one of the basic inputs required.
2. Labour: Industries depend a lot on cheap labour so it prefers a location which is highly populated.
3. Capital: Cost and quality of the capital are essential as it is one of the biggest investments of an industry.
4. Power: The equipments and machinery depend completely on a constant supply of power.
5. Market: A nearby market place makes it much easier to sell goods produced and reduces transportation cost.
Explanation: Many factors affect the location of industries because the production process has various stages, each linked to different things.
Rate this question :