1. Since 1969, the Congress party had started shedding its character as an umbrella party which accommodated leaders and workers of different ideological dispensations and viewpoints.
2. The congress party claimed itself as the only socialist and pro poor party.
3. This led to success of congress party.
4. Other opposition parties relied more and more on what is known in Indian politics as ‘non-Congressism.
5. Indirect manner the issue of welfare of the backward castes also began to dominate politics since 1977.
Rate this question :