Q. 75.0( 1 Vote )
Examination the features of democracy in its expanded form.
Democracy is a system of government in which the entire whole population or all the eligible citizens of the country elect their rulers.
In a modern democracy, it is not limited only to the above common definition, The scope of democracy has widened due to the socio-economic changes globally.
The features of democracy can be examined in the following way:
● People must have the right to contest in elections without any discrimination ont he basis of caste, creed or religion. They must be given complete politcal freedom.
● Democracy promotes free and fair elections. It is based on 2 important principles - Universal Adult Franchise and Right to Vote.
● Poeple can cast their vote to any candidate of their chocie.
● Political rights are not only limited to the political rights but is also extended to cover some social and economic rights.
● It gives a voice to both the majority and minority communities.
● It gives the freedom of choice and freedom of expression.
● Everyone is equal in the eyes of law and shouldbe treated without any partial treatment or biasness.
● Democracry is absed on consensus and not power.
● It is strengthened due to the election process based on public opinion
● It promotes development of an individual’s mind and increases his involvement in the political spheres.
Rate this question :
As an ordinary citizen, what value would you practice in deepening democracy?Together With Social Science
How can the principle of democracy be applied to all sphere of life?Together With Social Science
How would you like to expand the definition of democracy? Explain.Together With Social Science
Examination the features of democracy in its expanded form.Together With Social Science
What is the first priority in a democracy?Together With Social Science
What is a foundational challenge of democracy?Full Marks - Social Science
Name any two democratic countries that face the challenge of expansion.Full Marks - Social Science