Q. 1404.6( 5 Votes )
The pieces of Tangrams have been rearranged to make the given shape.
By observing the given shape, answer the following questions:
• What percentage of total has been coloured?
(i) Red (R) = _________
(ii) Blue (B) = ________
(iii) Green (G) = _______
• Check that the sum of all the percentages calculated above should be 100.
• If we rearrange the same pieces to form some other shape, will the percentage of colours change?
1) Total coloured shape = + + + + + + = 1
i) Red coloured shape = + + =
Percentage of Red coloured = × 100%
= = 37.5%
ii) Blue coloured shape = + =
Percentage of blue coloured shape = × 100%
= × 100%
iii) Green coloured shape = +
Percentage of green coloured shape = × 100%
= × 100%
2) Sum of all percentages calculated = Percentage of red coloured + percentage of blue coloured + percentage of green coloured
= 37.5 + 50 + 12.5
3) If we rearrange the same pieces to form some other shape, the percentage of colours will not change, because we just rearrange the parts and not changing the percentage of colours.
Rate this question :
The ratio of Fatima’s income to her savings is 4 : 1. The percentage of money saved by her is :NCERT - Exemplar Mathematics
Gayatri’s income is Rs 1,60,000 per year. She pays 15% of this as house rent and 10% of the remainder on her child’s education. The money left with her isNCERT - Exemplar Mathematics
0.07 is equal toNCERT - Exemplar Mathematics
20% of 700 m isNCERT - Exemplar Mathematics
Fill in the blanks to make the statements true.
Savitri obtained 440 marks out of 500 in an examination. She secured _______ % marks in the examination.NCERT - Exemplar Mathematics
Ambika got 99 per cent marks in Mathematics, 76 per cent marks in Hindi, 61 per cent in English, 84 per cent in Science, and 95% in Social Science. If each subject carries 100 marks, then find the percentage of marks obtained by Ambika in the aggregate of all the subjects.NCERT - Exemplar Mathematics
What percent of Rs 80 is Rs 100?NCERT - Exemplar Mathematics
The strength of a school is 2000. If 40 % of the students are girls then how many boys are there in the school?NCERT - Exemplar Mathematics
Medha deposited 20% of her money in a bank. After spending 20% of the remainder, she has Rs 4800 left with her. How much did she originally have?NCERT - Exemplar Mathematics